Friday

LITTLE MERMAID in DAVAO CITY

KASABAY NG KANYANG PAG-UNLAD AY ANG PAGLAGO DIN NG KANYANG SINING.

I’m suppose to write this early on but my physical world really requires me to drop some activities due to the inavailability of homo sapiens’ extra hands and feet.

My daughter Liea has been asking me to watch with her this ballet presentation of their school. So, on Oct. 17 at the CAP auditorium here in Davao City we watched ‘THE LITTLE MERMAID’, it’s a ballet presentation staged by Girlie S. Royeca School of Ballet in cooperation with Ateneo de Davao Ballet.

The 2 acts (Ariel underwater and Ariel on ground) run more than an hour and it made a pre-school pupil bored and restless but we manage to finish the show. It was a splendid performance, what was more grand was their inclusion of little girls and a boy in the play which made it hilarious, imagine a cutie little girl in tutu with bulging tummy that really was an added enchantment of the show. It was directed and choreographed by Gregory Aaron and Nicolas Pacana of Atlanta Festival Ballet, of the USA.

I wasn’t really amazed when I saw the dancers performing well on stage, they must really have worked hard for it, but I was fascinated more than amazed that Davao City already can offer this kind of fine performing art.

Here’s some pictures and a video clip of the show, Ariel and her prince. Enjoy!





4 comments:

  1. this was a great experienced for the kids. i am sure that they will meke it better as you have mention that you'r not amaze by their performance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an unusual play...and quite interesting too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want my daughter to experience watching stage plays & musicals too.. pero medyo baby pa sya..

    enjoyed the video :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank You for the comment. I appreciate it very much!
You may want to visit my other blogs;

The Consumer Talks
Woman Elan Vital